Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sea Sirens ATC Swap

I recently participated in an Alphastamps swap.  I created three ATCs on the theme of Sea Sirens and I will soon receive three from different artists in the mail.  I can't wait!  Here are the three I made:


I used chalk pastels for the backgrounds in all three.  The mermaids were printed from a collage sheet purchased from AlphaStamps.  (I had to use one of their images)  I added fibers, paper shells, sequins, pearls, sea shells, brass shells, and sand to give added depth and texture.  I must not forget glitter!  The mermaids are adorned with some glittery accents.  I really liked what I made and I'm working on a larger 5x7 version to put in my Etsy shop.  I can't wait to get the swapped ATCs in the mail!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Your ATC's were one of my favorites! I just love the backgrounds you created and how you layered. Very lovely.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun swap!
    Your sea sirens are irresistible and will lure the most handsome sailors around! I love the textures and all the embellishments. Whoever receives these will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yowza! These are real beauties Lou Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.