Saturday, August 24, 2013

Inspiration Avenue Weekly Challenge-Postcards

The weekly art challenge at Inspiration Avenue was to create something in the size of a postcard.  We're also hosting an altered postcard swap in September, so I decided to combine the two.  I took a funny travel postcard and altered it digitally.  Here is the result.
One of the things that had inspired me was a lovely photo of a preying mantis my husband made.  (Or is it praying mantis?)  It was crawling on our hibiscus plant a couple of days ago.  
Photo by Tracy Hamby
If you'd like to see all of the wonderful postcard entries for this week's challenge, just click here.

To find out more about the Altered Postcard Swap, click on the button at the top of my right sidebar.  We'd love to have your participation. 


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Must be something in the water in the Shenandoah Valley! I love the humor in your postcard. And you've got mostly beneficial insects in there, so the apples will definitely grow big and juicy. I don't know what the worm is up to, but the praying mantis might take care of his mischief :)

    I love the photo that Tracy took...it looks as if the mantis is dancing. Love the way he captured him in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The altered postcard is great, the humour and the number of details to look at. So beautifully put together. I've never seen a praying mantis but I know I would be freaked and dash to the bathroom to lock myself in! But in spite of that I still admire your work on the postcard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.