Friday, August 31, 2012

Inspiration Avenue Challenge-Doors

  The challenge this week at Inspiration Avenue was posed by Nancy.  She asked us to make an image of a door or window, then tell what we would find behind it.   I  must admit, I have fairies on my mind, so I had to make a  door picture inspired by some of the things that I love about the fairy world.


If there is one cat in front of the door, I'm pretty sure there are more behind it.  How many more?  I can't say.     It looks like no one has entered through this blue door for quite some time.    The outside  has been embraced by nature, with living things all around.  Inside, I suppose it's cool and cozy, with some beautiful quilts and soft pillows scattered around.    It seems like the perfect place to take  a lovely summer nap and escape from the blazing sun for awhile.  There is a copper and stone fountain playing the music of a mountain stream.   I think there is a tall glass of mint infused iced tea and some delightful lemon cookies to eat.  Come on in!  Relax for awhile.

Credits for elements:  Granny Art, Raspberry Road, Courtney's Digiscrappin', Farrah's Designer Scraps, Linda Lou's Scrapspot, Dover Publications, and Creative Elegance.  

Don't forget to visit the IA blog so you can link on over to the other challenge entries here.

I'm working on some free fairies collage sheets for my followers and all of the participants in Inspiration Avenue's Fairies' Tea Blog Party so check back with me later.  Enjoy your  Friday!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love-love-love this darling door! and the cat makes it perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That door is absolutely stunning! So much work in there. The outdoor setting really suits it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.