Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Artist's Playroom Challenge-Rainbow

Jenn challenged us to make an image with rainbow colors.  I decided to construct a rainbow with seven layers for each color.  Once I made the design, I wanted to spread it out in an arch, like a rainbow.  Little did I know that Photoshop Elements doesn't have an easy way to draw a curved line.  I researched it and did a lot of trial and error.  When I finished, I felt like I hadn't created any great masterpiece.  I had, however, given myself some fun and a challenge.  Overall, the fun won out.  I guess my inner child got to play on the computer.  Thank you Jenn, for encouraging fun and experimentation in art.

7 comments:

  1. you may not claim it as beautiful art, but it's MY challenge and I say it is!! I love your rainbow, it's really creative. Thanks Lou Anne for participating and supporting my APR, it's totally appreciated. See you at IA, hopefully I'll get you as a swap partner!
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..this is a fabulous piece..total feast for the eyes..such color-magic..beautiful and blissful!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! what a lot of work you put into that....and the colour is so rich...great Job!

    blessings,
    Cindy♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh your inner child got to play! That's always a great thing. I LOVE what you came up with and it looks pretty darn amazing. ;), Happy APR! Warmly, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful. I also wish I knew how to do a curve or circle cut-out in Adobe shop Elements. I wanted to crop out around a recent circle Zentangle design I did. I know this is mixed media collage? i can't figure out what all the little flower shapes are?? did you have to cut out all the different little angels? Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.